What is the course about?
This course will cover where off flavours in beers might come from and to taste some beers where the ‘off flavours’ are meant to be there!!
What will we cover?
• Off flavours in beer, where they might come from
• What some of the more usual off flavours in beer smell like
• Tasting session covering five beers.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Explain where off flavours in beer might come from
• Identify some of the more usual off flavours by smell
• State a number of beers where ‘off flavours’ are meant to be there,
• Both in group discussion and in teams, use this knowledge to identify what causes the ’off flavours’ in the beers tasted.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for people who are just discovering the exciting world of beer and seasoned drinkers alike.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Question and answer.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Try one of our other beer and wine courses.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details