Speech therapy courses at Build provide specialised training for adults who stammer - delivered by our team of highly experienced specialist speech and language therapists.
- 40 years experience of providing specialist courses and support for adults who stammer or stutter, including Build Fellow, Ed Balls
- UK and international centre of excellence with a broad range of courses
- Daytime intensive courses, evening courses and short workshops available
- Well-developed follow-up programme to provide ongoing support
- Professional training courses for qualified speech and language therapists.
- Speech Therapy at Build was awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2007 in recognition of our innovative and ground-breaking work.
Watch student stories:
* Learn more about how you can manage your stammering by watching and how taking an intensive stammering management course at Build has made a life-changing difference to his speech. Alfanso talks before and after he attended the course – see the transformation yourself...
* Discover how our speech therapy courses helped Build learner Tony with his stammering; how he worked with ideas of 'identification','desensitisation' and 'modification' and discovered a greater sense of acceptance.
* Read Jeff's story about learning not to let his stammer hold him back
Connectivity today: email us at [email protected] or call us 020 7492 2569 to arrange an advisory session - this personal and free service will help you choose the right course for you.
Speech therapy classes helped me make my wedding speech
Discover how speech therapy courses helped David Ekong build up the confidence to make his wedding speech and take on new opportunities.
Course Date: Thu 31 Jan 2019 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetIn a supportive group you will work on desensitisation and practise your stammering management strategies. Become more confident by learning how to problem solve and extend your comfort zone.Full fee: £149.00Senior fee: £149.00Concession: £91.00
Course Date: Mon 18 Feb 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDevelop your personal and professional effectiveness by learning and practising key prioritisation and assertiveness skills. This course will help you to improve your time management and to communicate more confidently in a variety of workplace situations.Full fee: £79.00Senior fee: £79.00Concession: £79.00
Course Date: Mon 25 Feb 2019 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDesigned for speech and language therapists, this four-day interactive workshop will cover assessment and selection, stammering modification, interiorised stammering, cluttering, acquired stammering and an introduction to mindfulness. Opportunity to practise teaching techniques to clients included. This course runs between 25-27 February 2019, with a follow-up day on7 October 2019.Full fee: £459.00Senior fee: £459.00Concession: £459.00
Course Date: Fri 8 Mar 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDevelop your personal effectiveness in the workplace, working on issues including using the telephone, interview techniques, presentation skills and communicating in meetings.Full fee: £89.00Senior fee: £54.00Concession: £54.00
Course Date: Sat 16 Mar 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDevelop and practise a range of essential core counselling skills to help you work with emotional issues you will encounter as an SLT. You will receive feedback and learn through experience and reflective practice. This course is suitable for recently qualified therapists as well as therapists in training.Full fee: £79.00Senior fee: £79.00Concession: £79.00
Course Date: Wed 1 May 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn how to focus your awareness, cultivate calmness and develop non judgemental acceptance, using a range of mindfulness practices. Apply speech techniques more effectively and facilitate your work on avoidance reduction.Full fee: £149.00Senior fee: £149.00Concession: £91.00
Course Date: Thu 9 May 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn the elements of mindfulness-based stress management and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. Experience a range of mindfulness practices. Background theory is included and relevance for clients and therapist well-being benefits will be explored.Full fee: £199.00Senior fee: £199.00Concession: £199.00
Course Date: Mon 13 May 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetIncrease your understanding of how voice is made and analyse your own voice production and how it is affected by your stammering. Practise techniques such as relaxation, posture, breathing and voice onset.Full fee: £149.00Senior fee: £149.00Concession: £91.00
Course Date: Sat 8 Jun 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetIncrease your effectiveness by saying what you want to say assertively. Develop assertiveness and effective communication through discussion and role play. Issues addressed are: saying no, making requests, responding to criticism and saying what you feel.Full fee: £59.00Senior fee: £59.00Concession: £59.00
Course Date: Wed 17 Jul 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetThis interactive and experiential workshop will explore creative and effective ways to run conversation groups with people with aphasia. There will be contributions from service users and opportunities to observe examples of activities and resources used at Build.Full fee: £109.00Senior fee: £109.00Concession: £109.00