Speech therapy courses at Build provide specialised training for adults who stammer - delivered by our team of highly experienced specialist speech and language therapists.
- 40 years experience of providing specialist courses and support for adults who stammer or stutter, including Build Fellow, Ed Balls
- UK and international centre of excellence with a broad range of courses
- Daytime intensive courses, evening courses and short workshops available
- Well-developed follow-up programme to provide ongoing support
- Professional training courses for qualified speech and language therapists.
- Speech Therapy at Build was awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2007 in recognition of our innovative and ground-breaking work.
Watch student stories:
* Learn more about how you can manage your stammering by watching and how taking an intensive stammering management course at Build has made a life-changing difference to his speech. Alfanso talks before and after he attended the course – see the transformation yourself...
* Discover how our speech therapy courses helped Build learner Tony with his stammering; how he worked with ideas of 'identification','desensitisation' and 'modification' and discovered a greater sense of acceptance.
* Read Jeff's story about learning not to let his stammer hold him back
Connectivity today: email us at [email protected] or call us 020 7492 2569 to arrange an advisory session - this personal and free service will help you choose the right course for you.
Course Date: Tue 5 Jun 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetInterested in becoming a speech and language therapist? This workshop covers training courses in the UK, what the job involves, career structure, pay and hints for a successful interview, plus the opportunity to meet clients.Full fee: £99.00Senior fee: £99.00Concession: £60.00
Course Date: Sat 9 Jun 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetParticipate in a speaking circle and find out how to enhance the way you come across to others, develop your own speaking style and discover the real you. This unique approach will help you to increase your confidence in speaking to groups.Full fee: £49.00Senior fee: £49.00Concession: £49.00
Course Date: Mon 11 Jun 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDesigned for SLTs working with any client group, this interactive workshop will help you develop practical counselling skills. Topics include developing the therapeutic relationship, boundaries, ways of responding, paraphrasing, reflecting, questioning, immediacy, self disclosure and loss.Full fee: £369.00Senior fee: £369.00Concession: £369.00
Course Date: Tue 26 Jun 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetThis interactive and experiential workshop will explore creative and effective ways to run conversation groups with people with aphasia. There will be contributions from service users and opportunities to observe examples of activities and resources used at Build.Full fee: £109.00Senior fee: £109.00Concession: £109.00
Course Date: Tue 9 Jan 2018 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn strategies to help you speak more easily. You'll also work on becoming less sensitive about stammering, reducing avoidance strategies and developing self confidence.Full fee: £279.00Senior fee: £279.00Concession: £170.00