Speech therapy courses at Build provide specialised training for adults who stammer - delivered by our team of highly experienced specialist speech and language therapists.
- 40 years experience of providing specialist courses and support for adults who stammer or stutter, including Build Fellow, Ed Balls
- UK and international centre of excellence with a broad range of courses
- Daytime intensive courses, evening courses and short workshops available
- Well-developed follow-up programme to provide ongoing support
- Professional training courses for qualified speech and language therapists.
- Speech Therapy at Build was awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2007 in recognition of our innovative and ground-breaking work.
Watch student stories:
* Learn more about how you can manage your stammering by watching and how taking an intensive stammering management course at Build has made a life-changing difference to his speech. Alfanso talks before and after he attended the course – see the transformation yourself...
* Discover how our speech therapy courses helped Build learner Tony with his stammering; how he worked with ideas of 'identification','desensitisation' and 'modification' and discovered a greater sense of acceptance.
* Read Jeff's story about learning not to let his stammer hold him back
Connectivity today: email us at [email protected] or call us 020 7492 2569 to arrange an advisory session - this personal and free service will help you choose the right course for you.
Speech therapy classes helped me make my wedding speech
Discover how speech therapy courses helped David Ekong build up the confidence to make his wedding speech and take on new opportunities.
Course Date: Thu 9 May 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn the elements of mindfulness-based stress management and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. Experience a range of mindfulness practices. Background theory is included and relevance for clients and therapist well-being benefits will be explored.Full fee: £199.00Senior fee: £199.00Concession: £199.00
Course Date: Mon 13 May 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetIncrease your understanding of how voice is made and analyse your own voice production and how it is affected by your stammering. Practise techniques such as relaxation, posture, breathing and voice onset.Full fee: £149.00Senior fee: £149.00Concession: £91.00
Course Date: Wed 5 Jun 2019 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDesigned for SLTs working with any client group, this interactive workshop will help you develop practical counselling skills. Topics include developing the therapeutic relationship, boundaries, ways of responding, paraphrasing, reflecting, questioning, immediacy, self disclosure and loss.Full fee: £369.00Senior fee: £369.00Concession: £369.00
Course Date: Sat 8 Jun 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetIncrease your effectiveness by saying what you want to say assertively. Develop assertiveness and effective communication through discussion and role play. Issues addressed are: saying no, making requests, responding to criticism and saying what you feel.Full fee: £59.00Senior fee: £59.00Concession: £59.00
Course Date: Wed 17 Jul 2019
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetThis interactive and experiential workshop will explore creative and effective ways to run conversation groups with people with aphasia. There will be contributions from service users and opportunities to observe examples of activities and resources used at Build.Full fee: £109.00Senior fee: £109.00Concession: £109.00
Course Date: Wed 3 Oct 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDo you have significant difficulties expressing yourself and understanding what other people say? Develop your communication skills and discover new strategies such as using pictures, gestures and facial expressions to support your speech in this small group.Full fee: £229.00Senior fee: £140.00Concession: £57.00
Course Date: Tue 9 Oct 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetFind your voice, be seen and be heard. Discover your own unique power, confidence and speaking style and learn how to connect with your listeners. Develop strategies for managing your nerves before and during public speaking tasks. Get lots of public speaking practice with supportive and constructive feedback from the group and course tutor. Specifically for people who stammer/stutter.Full fee: £149.00Senior fee: £149.00Concession: £91.00