What is the course about?
This course is aimed at beginners who are looking to learn about social media advertising. If you’re already investing in social media but want to achieve better return on your investment, this course is for you. Building on your existing social media knowledge, this course will help you to learn to get more out of the major social media channels - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - through advertising.
What will we cover?
• Understand the platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and advertising opportunities
• Learn about available ad formats
• Choosing relevant targeting and audience options
• Managing and measuring social media advertising
• How Social Advertising fits into your wider strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify which social media platforms are right for your organisation
• Discover the different types of advertising options available
• Learn to create best practice content for social ads
• Target the most relevant audience through ads
• Understand how to buy and manage social ads
• Define and measure your social advertising
• Launch your social media advertising campaign.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course for social media users who are new to social media advertising.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. Course handouts will be provided by your Tutor. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout. Each student has their own computer.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Developing a marketing strategy, Online marketing: a detailed introduction, Social media for business, Social media content strategy.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details