What is the course about?
This Holiday Kit will provide you with all the language you need to communicate in the most common holiday situations & have a friendly chat with the locals!
What will we cover?
1. Have a go at a simple conversation when you’re out & about-say hello & goodbye, give and ask for basic & personal information ( your name, which languages you speak, where you are from etc)
2. Buy items in shops, ask about prices
3. Order food & drinks & ask for the bill
4. Ask for directions
5. Numbers including the time
6. At the hotel
7. Buy tickets, enquire about departure/arrival times/ delays & platform number
8. At the chemist
9. Cultural advice (e.g. tipping, paying in a café) which may be different from the UK.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details