What is the course about?
What will we cover?
• A working day
• Jobs: what different people do at work
• Priorities when choosing a profession
• Studying abroad
• Moving abroad, living abroad
• Different ways of learning languages
• The Szép family
• A Hungarian cartoon.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• describe your working day
• talk about different jobs and what activities take place
• conduct a conversation about your working life
• interview people about their study plans
• give opinions
• compare learning different languages
• express different degrees of certainty
• write entries into a blog.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for learners who have completed Hungarian 2: Module 2, or who have a similar level (roughly a year and a half of study).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Students only need to have the textbook titled MagyarOK1. The teacher will provide students with photocopies for the first two sessions and will help to arrange ordering the book. The costs will be about £20.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Speak to your tutor about possible progressin routes.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details