What is the course about?
This workshop offers a historical and sociocultural perspective of Perú and then focuses on three regions: the
Coast (Lima, Arequipa, Trujillo), The highlands (Ayacucho, Cuzco, Puno) and the Jungle (Loreto, Ucayali, Madre de Dios). The course also explores the historical, cultural, natural and gastronomical aspects of each region. Finally, the course offers a number of useful tips for those who wish to visit the country information. Last but not least, this session provides ample opportunity for Q & A.
What will we cover?
- History and general aspects of the country
- The Inca Trail
- National Parks and Reserves
- Peruvian cuisine
- Guide and tips for tourists.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Practise/ expand/consolidate vocabulary and grammar related to topic
- Get a deeper insight into the history of the country
- Plan better for a trip to Perú
- Prepare for the Inca Trail!
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students of all levels are welcome, as it will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor or call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details