What is the course about?
Join this session to explore the amazing power of the mind. Discover how visualisation can be used as a tool to create thoughts and feelings that give a sense of lightness and well-being. We'll use these techniques to channel positive mental energy across all areas of our lives.
What will we cover?
- Using visualisation as a tool to access the untapped potential of your mind
- How your subconscious can be used to guide you towards a more rewarding life
- Using the power of imagination to re-awaken delight and wonder in your life
- New ways of bringing greater calm and lightness to your everyday activities.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Explain how thinking is integral to the way we feel about ourselves and about others
- Access a deeper level of self-awareness and begin to use the mind more constructively
- Use your thoughts to create and sustain positive feelings and attitudes
- Use visualisation as a tool to help sustain greater confidence in everyday situations.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous knowledge is required, however you need to be willing to participate in individual reflection, visualisation techniques and group discussions and activity. You will need a fluent level of spoken and written English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will include personal reflection, using different visualisation techniques, video presentations, individual and group mind exercises as well as the input and experience of the tutor. Handouts will be provided that you can use after the course.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen. A paper journal will be provided, and a recommended book list will be given at the end of the day.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses that complement this course, such as:
PG608 - Creativity and lateral thinking
PG705 - Positive mental attitude
PG769 - A tool for problem solving.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details