Fashion, sewing and clothes making
Fashion at Build offers a range of practical courses, with high quality teaching delivered by specialist tutors in our well-equipped studio.
• Learn essential sewing skills, both hand sewing and machine skills.
• Make your own clothes on a range of courses, that progress from beginners to intermediate and advanced, developing your sewing and garment construction skills.
• Learn specialist skills such as professional finishing techniques, fashion sketchbook, leatherwork, accessories and embellishment.
• Be part of a supportive, creative and fun learning environment to exchange knowledge and skills between experts and peers. Tutors offer group and 1:1 teaching.
• Study courses throughout the year; day, evening and weekend, from short intensives to series of 6 to 10 week courses with progression options to help you develop your skills over the year(s).
Any questions? Contact our visual arts team on 020 7492 2700 Monday - Friday between 10am - 5pm.
Course Date: Tue 1 May 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn essential sewing skills. Use a needle and thread, scissors and pins to make basic stitches. Progress to using a sewing machine safely and confidently to make simple seams and hems, insert a zip and make a simple pencil case.Full fee: £139.00Senior fee: £111.00Concession: £85.00
Course Date: Sun 6 May 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetBring your own sewing project and be guided by an industry professional. Skills you could develop include - altering patterns to fit, couture sewing techniques, or guidance with creating a more complicated garment from a pattern.Full fee: £199.00Senior fee: £159.00Concession: £121.00
Course Date: Mon 14 May 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetPractice working with silk, fine or any luxury fabric to sew a summer dress or party wear from a pattern. Learn how to cut, sew and work neatly. Suitable for those with some sewing experience.Full fee: £179.00Senior fee: £179.00Concession: £109.00