What is the course about?
Come and learn about the history of medicinal mushrooms and hear the latest research on the health benefits of eating mushrooms. Find out which ones are the best to eat, whether they are worth buying in a supplement form and how best to cook them.
What will we cover?
• The history of medicinal mushrooms
• The latest research on the health benefits of mushrooms
• Which mushrooms are the best to eat
• Mushrooms and their potential role in the treatment of cancer.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- List four types of mushroom which have health benefits
- Discuss the history of mushrooms in medicine
- Explain how mushrooms may help to improve the functioning of our immune systems and fight infection
- Suggest three different ways to cook mushrooms.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for everyone and no prior knowledge or skills are required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a relaxed and very informative class. The teacher is warm and friendly and will lecture and use a PowerPoint presentation. There will be class discussion and you will be able to answer questions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and paper or notebook so you can make notes if you wish.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
OIther nutrion courses from your extensive program.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details