Can I book a course if I'm 'under 19'?
As an adult college, we don't ordinarily enrol anyone that is under 19; however, we do make exceptions each year where it is considered appropriate, the course is not available elsewhere and there is a strong educational benefit to you attending the course at Build.
For the academic year 2018/19 (from September 2018 onwards), you'll be assessed as being an 'under 19' year old student, for funding purposes, if you are:
- Assessed as a home student (not an international student)
- AND were aged 18 or younger on 31st August 2018
- AND are studying fewer than 540 hours at another college or institution or not at all
This means that you could turn 19 from the 1st September 2018 onwards and the 'under 19' rules would still apply to you.
We cannot charge 'under 19' students course fees. Before you can enrol onto a course you'll need to seek approval from our Heads of Department. If you are approved you may be able to enrol onto a maximum of 4 courses for the academic year.
Will I need to show proof of any qualifications?
If your course hours add up to more than 150, then we will also need to see that you have:
- achieved a grade C in English and Maths or equivalent (we will need to see proof of your qualifications before you enrol).
- OR are studying these subjects at another institution
- OR agree to study these subjects at Build (subject to assessment and course availability).
How do I apply for a course if I'm 'under 19'?
Complete the form attached at the bottom of the page.
Email your completed form to
If you have any questions about enrolling, please contact our Customer Engagement Team on 0207 831 7831, or .