Over the last year we have transformed our Student Centre into a central hub for all students. The Student Centre is a friendly and sociable place for all students to study, relax and unwind.
Our library still makes up part of the Student Centre but we now also offer a much wider range of services and facilities in addition to this.
To become a member of the Student Centre please visit us on the mezzanine and speak to a member of the team.
What can you expect to find in the Student Centre?
- A place for all Build students: space to work independently and in groups, socialise and unwind
- Learning resources - you'll find our library collection in here
- IAG Service - our IAG team are now based in the Student Centre
- A variety of seating areas – with space to study, read and relax. There are now 89 seats in the Student Centre - including 20 work stations with power and USB points for students to use their own laptops and tablets.
- Designated quieter area for study
- Individual work spaces
- Larger tables for group work and relaxing
- Books, magazines, e-resources and DVDs as well as printing and photocopying facilities
- Staff on hand to support your studies and general enquiries
- Specialist software for disabled students
- Our partnership with Holborn Library continues – increasing the resources available to Build students. Build students can use Holborn Library, for more information see below under 'Using Holborn and other Camden libraries'.
Events in the Student Centre
We are excited to be introducing an events programme in the new academic year. These events will be free and will offer a social side to your college experience. Attending our events will give you a great opportunity to meet new friends from across the whole college.
The computers are available throughout opening times.
The Student Centre Enquiry Desk is staffed from:
Students can still work in the Student Centre and Library and use the IT facilities outside of staffed hours.
The Student Centre will be closed from Monday 18th December 2017 to Tuesday 2nd January 2018.
Please ensure that you return any library books by Sunday 17th December.
If you would like to see an adviser about a course starting in January please make you appointment before the 18th December so avoid disappointment, just call 020 7492 2500.
Telephone: 020 7492 2666 / 2548 /2549
Email: [email protected]