What is the course about?
Use Wordpress plugins and custom themes and payment gateways to build an online business using the popular platform WordPress.
What will we cover?
WordPress e-shop plugins
Customising your e-shop
Accepting payments from customers.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Use the WordPress Admin area
• Create mandatory pages for an ecommerce site
• Recognise WooCommerce setting for products, shipping and shop page
• Add different types of products to their e-shop and manage the inventory
• Use the receiving and managing orders options
• Customise the tore with available built-in options
• Setting up payment gateways and testing them
• Adding plugins and widgets
• Set your own store.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will need basic experience in creating simple websites using WordPress.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Demonstrations, Hands-on sessions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No.You will need an active email account that you can access during the lesson to activate your WordPress.com account.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Customising a WordPress website, HTML5& CSS: introduction or any of our digital marketing or social media courses. Please check our brochure for more details.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details