What is the course about?
To develop and extend students knowledge of Spanish through further study of more complex grammatical structures.
What will we cover?
Development of the four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
Grammar: use of subjunctive to express opinions, use of future perfect and conditional to express certainty.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- describe how something works
- agree/disagree with different opinions
- talk and give opinion about environment
- hypothesize and speculate about events
- be more confident in speaking Spanish
- express opinions and ideas by using a wider range of vocabulary
- extract specific information when listening to dialogues
- extract detailed information from newspaper articles.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Stage 3 upper course (upper intermediate). This course is for students who have studied Spanish for about four years recently.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart at the start of the languages section of our course guide or at http://bildutrapagaran.info/self-assess-your-level.
It is also essential that you have some knowledge of basic grammar terminology such as: a verb, a noun and conjugation. It would be helpful if you had knowledge of more intermediate grammar terminology such as: prepositions, direct and indirect pronouns, subjunctive, main and subordinate clauses.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on units 10-12 of "Aula Internacional 3 (Nueva Edición)": ISBN: 9788415640110
Please try: The European Bookshop www.europeanbookshop.com (020 7734 5259) or Grant and Cutler at Foyles-www.foyles.co.uk/languages (020 7440 3248).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Spanish 3 upper: module 2. Please enrol on the next module as soon as possible as spaces cannot be guaranteed.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details