What is the course about?
Podcasting, from conception to publication. Your chance to develop your ideas into a fully fledged podcast which you will produce in the class.
Find out about podcasting structure, production and publication.
What will we cover?
• Developing and structuring your podcasting ideas.
• Targeting your audience.
• Recording and editing a podcast using Audacity.
• Publicising your podcast.
• Keeping your podcasts fresh and vital.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Organise your ideas.
• Record your work to a level fit for public consumption.
• Efficiently produce and publish for public, private or niche markets.
• Gain ideas to develop your podcast further.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For beginners with an interest in podcasting and a basic level of computer literacy.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Speak English fluently.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a practical course of coached sessions including group and solo activities, using appropriate technology.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a USB memory stick to save your work.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Podcasting: advanced, Video blogging with YouTube, Blogging: Write your own blog using WordPress.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details