What is the course about?
On this practical course you will learn how to set up your Wacom tablet to suit your drawing requirements. You will create images drawn directly into the computer using the Wacom Tablet and Stylus along with the application Adobe Photoshop CC. The course will cover accessing and adjusting brushes available in Photoshop and working creatively with layers to achieve a wide range of artistic effects.
What will we cover?
- Setting up a Wacom tablet and stylus features
- Accessing and adjusting brushes in Photoshop
- Using layers in painting and drawing to develop and enhance your image-
- Creating painted and drawn digital images
- Saving images in an appropriate format.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Set up and use the Wacom tablet and stylus to create drawn and painted images
- Use a range of features of the Wacom tablet and stylus
- Access and adjust brushes to create a wide range of artistic effects.
- Use layers to develop and enhance your digital painting and drawing
- Understand the appropriate format for saving your image.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is an introduction to the use of the Wacom Tablet and Stylus. You will be expected to have basic
experience in using Photoshop.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance and hand-outs. Please note the Build uses Apple Mac computers in Animation, Cartooning, Digital arts, Film, Graphics, Illustration, Photography and Web design.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
It would be useful to bring a memory stick (or portable hard drive – please note PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple mac computers, but not written to.).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Develop your digital illustration skills with VK480 Photoshop for illustration: intensive. Build offer a range of courses in Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign to enhance your Design practice.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details