Fashion, sewing and clothes making
Fashion at Build offers a range of practical courses, with high quality teaching delivered by specialist tutors in our well-equipped studio.
• Learn essential sewing skills, both hand sewing and machine skills.
• Make your own clothes on a range of courses, that progress from beginners to intermediate and advanced, developing your sewing and garment construction skills.
• Learn specialist skills such as professional finishing techniques, fashion sketchbook, leatherwork, accessories and embellishment.
• Be part of a supportive, creative and fun learning environment to exchange knowledge and skills between experts and peers. Tutors offer group and 1:1 teaching.
• Study courses throughout the year; day, evening and weekend, from short intensives to series of 6 to 10 week courses with progression options to help you develop your skills over the year(s).
Any questions? Contact our visual arts team on 020 7492 2700 Monday - Friday between 10am - 5pm.
Course Date: Sat 14 Jul 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetFull fee: £99.00Senior fee: £99.00Concession: £99.00
Course Date: Thu 19 Jul 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetEmbroidery patches are everywhere! It’s the perfect way to make a subtle statement or instantly update an old jumper you’ve had hidden away for years. Patches become even more fun and intriguing when you have stitched them!Full fee: £69.00Senior fee: £69.00Concession: £42.00
Course Date: Mon 23 Jul 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetDraw from your own photographs of people and buildings, then learn how to stitch those drawings on to cloth using a sewing machine, and add fabrics to create a completed contemporary textile artwork.Full fee: £159.00Senior fee: £159.00Concession: £97.00
Course Date: Sat 4 Aug 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetFull fee: £119.00Senior fee: £119.00Concession: £119.00
Course Date: Mon 6 Aug 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn the art of cutting and manipulating fine leather. Practise twin-needle saddle stitching to create a hand-stitched leather handbag adapted to your own design.Full fee: £159.00Senior fee: £127.00Concession: £97.00
Course Date: Thu 9 Aug 2018
Location on this date: KS - Keeley StreetLearn how to make an embossed decorative leather panel to develop into a bespoke fashion accessory. Use stamps and foils and add initials to handmade leather accessories.Full fee: £119.00Senior fee: £95.00Concession: £73.00