What is the course about?
On this course you will consolidate your knowledge of the structures of the Japanese language and will also be working on more complex grammatical structures and functions. You will develop the four language skills wiah a particular focus on spoken and conversational Japanese.
What will we cover?
Every day conversation based on various situations and types of people
Emphasis on more complex structures, connecting two or more grammar patterns.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Express ideas contrary to expectations #noni
- Express causes of and reasons for situations and outcomes "~tameni"
- Describe changes coming into effect "~yooninaru"
- Describe continuous change "~teiku" "~soo"
- Understand the various compound words using kanji
- Understand the meaning of various kanji on adverts and notice boards
- Express yourself briefly and effectively in Japanese
- Use the polite and and casual speeches.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course.
It is ideal for those who have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5. Some basic knowledge of Kanji
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students' interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work and discussion
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic materials
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your teacher will advise you on materials at the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please ask your teacher or check our web pages for more information on courses and workshops.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details