What is the course about?
You will learn to communicate more fully and fluently in a wider range of everyday situations and conversations. You will also strengthen the grammar points including different verb forms.
What will we cover?
Textbook: Japanese for Busy People 1 Kana version Revised edition 3, Kodansha Book 1 Lesson 22, 23, 24, 25 & Book 2 Lesson 1.
Present continuous, everyday actions (te-imasu), parts of the body, appearances, skills (joozu desu) and competences (dekimasu), preferences, indefinite places, things or people (dokoka, nanika, dareka etc..), comparaisons, superlatives, Kanji in the contents, Kanji compounds, today’s Japan!
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use the present continuous to describe what people are doing
-Talk about yourself, family and friends
- Describe someone's skills and competences
- Describe people
- Make comparaisons and use superlatives
- Describe how something went
- Use Kanji in context
- Extract specific infornation from leaflets, flyers...
- Discuss different topics related to Japanese culture, current affairs using radio, TV, films, songs….
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have completed Japanese for Busy People 1-revised edition 3 (Lessons 1- 21, 24* & 25 *partly ) or have an equivalent knowledge of the language and be fluent in Hiragana and Katakana.
It is also essential that you have some knowledge of basic grammar terminology such as nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjugations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook: Japanese for Busy People 1 Kana version Revised edition 3, Kodansha
USA. Book 1 Lesson 22, 23, 24, 25 & Book 2 Lesson 1 & 2.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Japanese 2 upper: module 2 in January 18.
Please ask your teacher or check our web pages for more information.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details