What is the course about?
An opportunity to improve and gain confidence in pronunciation, intonation and rhythm in the French language.
What will we cover?
Pronunciation drills, working on specific sounds in French and express feelings using the appropriate intonation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Identify and reproduce different and difficult sounds in French
- Use appropriate intonation to express yourself (rhythm, difference between statements, questions and exclamations, express emotions).
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable if you have studied French for three years or equivalent.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All of the material for the course will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
To find out about our great discounts on our French workshops, please visit our - French workshops and short course bundles page.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details