What is the course about?
Design trends are constantly changing. Being able to keep up with and implement them is an important talent for designers to have. On this course you not only learn about the latest design trends but you gain experience in using both hand drawn and digital techniques to create exciting designs that use some of these on- trend techniques.
What will we cover?
- Doubling and overlapping images using different color channel settings
- Creating a Glitch effect that makes an image look like it’s transformed or broken up by some sort of digital interference.
- Using vivid colours and gradients for background and overlaying foreground images
- Using ruined effects including splashing, scratching, ripping off, breaking
- Incorporating hand drawing into digital work.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- demonstrate an awareness of on-trend design work
- create images incorporating hand drawn and digital elements
- use a range of digital and hands on techniques that mirror the aesthetic of digital interference or ‘ruined’ art work.
- understand how to use digital effects to produce double exposure and duo tone images
- be able to apply vivid colours and gradients effectively on images.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an intermediate course. You are expected to have some basic experience of both Graphic design and Photoshop.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance and hand-outs. Please note the Build uses Apple Mac computers in Animation, Cartooning, Digital arts, Film, Graphics, Illustration, Photography and Web design.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
It would be useful to bring a memory stick (or portable hard drive – please note PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple mac computers, but not written to.).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can further develop your skills and interest in Graphic design through a range of courses at the Build in graphics, web design, Photoshop, and animation. You can find the outlines of courses available by entering the subject you’re interested in in the search box of the Build website at http://bildutrapagaran.info/courses.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details