What is the course about?
'If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right' (Henry Ford). We create a life of self-fulfilling prophesy which is great if our mind-set is positive but disastrous if negative. Join this workshop and break the chain of negative self-belief. The class explores the types of thoughts and attitudes that create a powerful self-belief, which stimulates motivation and determination to achieve success. We'll look at ways of cultivating inner strengths to counteract the negative self-talk which prevents you operating at your optimum.
What will we cover?
- How to use your mind power to create a positive self-belief and self-awareness.
- Concentrate and focus your thoughts in line with your aim and objective.
- How to counteract self-doubting moments.
- Transform challenging situations into moments of personal progress.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Access your own personal inner power
- Concentrate and focus your thoughts
- Use your thoughts to sustain a positive and determined attitude
- Use life challenges as an integral part of your ongoing progress towards success.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For participants who are interested in self-discovery and who wish to bring change to their lives. No previous knowledge is required, however, you need to be willing to participate in group discussions and activity. You'll need a fluent level of spoken and written English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will include individual reflection, written exercises, video presentations, group discussions, individual and group exercises as well as the input and experience of the tutor.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
A paper journal will be provided. Please bring a pen. A recommended book list will be given at the end of the day.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses that complement this course, such as: Positive Mental Attitude (PG705); A tool for problem solving (PG769).
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details