What is the course about?
This workshop is about an introduction to natures very own pharmacy and harnessing the power of essential oils for everyday health and well-being! You’ll be taken on a journey to explore essential oils that uplift and those that heal.
Learn the Art of Aromatherapy and put your sense of smell to test!
What will we cover?
- Essential oil safety
- Blending guidelines
- Properties of essential oils
- Benefits of Aromatherapy and its applications
- Exploration of three commonly used essential oils.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use three essential oils safely at home
- Blend essential oils using blending guidelines
- Identify at least three properties of essential oils
- Identify at least three methods of Aromatherapy application
- Explain the benefits and uses of three common essential oils for health and well-being.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginner level - This is a brief introduction to Aromatherapy. No prior experience or knowledge of essential oils needed. Curiosity, enthusiasm and willingness to participate.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This will be an experiential workshop with some theory taught via a presentation, much of the workshop will be hands on and practical. You’ll be in small groups for discussions and in pairs for practical elements of the workshop.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. Handouts are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If the taster sparks an interest, you may further your knowledge of essential oils by enrolling onto Introduction to Aromatherapy or go onto accredited courses in Complementary Therapies. You may also enjoy Introduction to Indian Head Massage or Reflexology.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details