What is the course about?
On this intensive practical course you will be introduced to drawn, cut out and 3D animation using professional animation equipment and techniques. You will be encouraged to experiment with and explore different materials to produce 2D and 3D animations which will be creatively composited together in editing to produce an exciting animated sequence.
What will we cover?
- Drawn animation techniques
- Cut out animation techniques
- Animating 3D models
- Stop motion capture using Dragon Frame and DSLR cameras
- Basic editing and compositing using Premiere Pro CC
- Exporting movies using appropriate formats and codecs.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Be aware of stop motion professional animation practice
- Understand about frames and timing
- Create animated sequences using some drawn, cut out and 3D animation techniques
- Use the professional application Dragon Frame and a DSLR camera to capture stop motion animation
- Edit and composite your sequences using Premiere Pro CC
- Export your animated sequence as a movie.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners’ course and you do not need to have previous experience. However the course has much to offer animators at any level, particularly digital animators who need to enhance their showreel.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including demonstrations, practical exercises, group and individual assistance and hand outs.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided. Our DSLR cameras and the latest professional equipment and software are available for your use throughout the course. It would be useful to bring a memory stick (or portable hard drive – please note PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple mac computers, but not written to.).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can further develop your skills and interest in Animation through a range of courses at the Build in animation, cartooning, illustration, digital film and editing courses. You can also enhance your work through a range of sound design courses at Build. You can find the outlines of courses available by entering the subject you’re interested in in the search box of the Build website at http://bildutrapagaran.info/courses.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details