What is the course about?
This course provides an opportunity to deepen and expand your acting skills. Gain the freedom and confidence to approach a range of demanding acting scenarios.
What will we cover?
• A range of acting exercises that may draw on various methodologies /practitioners
• Character work and development
• In depth text analysis
• Scene rehearsal and performance
• There may be opportunity for an internal performance as part of our festival week.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Effectively explore and analyse text
• Demonstrate greater rigour in performance
• Play character with greater depth
• Challenge yourself as an actor.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an Advanced level course for students with a high level of ability and experience. An understanding of some of the major practitioners is desirable.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Listen and respond to instructions and feedback.
• Communicate clearly in discussion and drama practice.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Take notes.
• Work within groups and pairs safely.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
• In pairs and groups. Whole group. Small groups. Individually
• Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
• You will need a folder and notebook
• Comfortable clothing should be worn.
• You may be required to secure scripts.
As part of the course content, your tutor may record your image for initial and ongoing assessment purposes. You are entitled to decline to participate in the recording of your image.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a folder and notebook. Comfortable clothing should be worn. You maybe required to secure scripts.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any professional development skills courses.
General information and advice on courses at Build is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details